- Born and bred in Marin County, discovered my life passions in Lake Tahoe, newly transplanted in Los Angeles. I'm a true Cali boy.
- I am most in tune when I'm outdoors, doing anything and everything... snowboarding, backpacking, climbing, surfing. Growing up, the outdoors was my backyard. I spent summers building a hiking trail with my dad that links our house with a spectacular viewpoint of Mt Tam.
- I live for the city too. I'm fascinated by the people, the infrastructure and the energy that keeps them all going.
- My first experiences with a camera began in the 90s when I started shooting my friends in the burgeoning San Francisco skate and graffiti scene.
- Over the next decade, I moved on from asphalt to snowbanks and photographed extreme sports stars atop the imposing peaks of Tahoe. But after the flurries died down, the serenity of those surroundings nurtured my growing interest in fine art photography.
- Trading in my beanie and parka for sandals and swim trunks, it was off to Santa Barbara to further hone my craft at the prestigious Brooks Institute of Photography. Surfing and shooting every day, how could life get any sweeter!
- Well, life did get sweeter — I moved back to SF and developed a fashion following. I became reacquainted with a casual acquaintance that I'd known for 6 years. I realized that we finally had to be together, and moved down to LA after a year of long-distance calls and frequent-flyer miles. My better half Linda (a talented graphic designer) is also now my studio manager, second photographer and guest blogger. Not only that, but she comes complete with the cutest pugs in the world.
- Why do I like shooting weddings? ... I enjoy people, plain and simple. I love seeing all the different characters that emerge throughout the day, capturing the pure emotional bonds between family and friends, and most of all, telling a beautiful story through my lens.